Monday, June 2, 2014

Wine in Castiglion Fiorentino


CS: This first week I have made an effort to sample wine made from the local grapes.  So far every day I have tasted the local wine especially the wine made from the Chianti region.  The wine is pretty tasty and readily available at all the cafes and bars in the area.  This availability is different than what I have come to expect in America.  It is common, in Italy, to have wine with both lunch and dinner so almost every place you can get food also serves wine.  Here it is a different kind of wine, The steak wines I have come to expect in Texas are very different from the lighter wines I might drink for lunch at an Italian cafe.  Chianti has been a particular wine I have tasted the most, but I am most looking forward trying a wine called Brunello di Montalcino.  It is a wine recommended to me by some of the locals.  I am planning of having that particular vintage during a nice dinner after consulting some of the local experts on what a good pairing would be.   I am glad that we are able to try some of the local wines and experience some of the culture here in Italy and in Castiglion Fiorentino. 

Until Next week
-Chance Siller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.