Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Roma

The thursday of our Roma trip was all things Vatican! Our day started pretty early with an attempt to beat the heat. When we arrived in Vatican City I was blown away by all the people, security, and the fact that I was in such a special place. We started our tour of this stunning city with a tour of the Vatican gardens. The gardens were exquisite. I can not even begin to describe how angelic and just lovely everything was. While touring the gardens my horticulture knowledge broadened. I learned that papyrus (plant) is where we get the word paper from. We also got to see a fig tree growing on top of a palm tree which was really interesting to see up close! We got to see where past Popes have gone to pray and where the former pope Benedict XVI resides today. We visited a rose garden and walked all the way up to the top of the hill where we could see all of Vatican city.

ACL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.