Friday, June 27, 2014

Castiglion Fiorentino

AH: Now that we are closing in on our trip we have seen many diverse towns and I have enjoyed them all. Most of them all for different reasons. My favorite town of all surprisingly was the Castiglion Fiorentino. I loved the quaint feel of home and the back porch view. So much horticulture out there growing. I was able to do some wandering on my own during our free time. Some others and I were able to find a back road to a church that we would often work out on. On this road we encountered many different things. The locals would zoom by of vespas, the snakes would slither by and the dogs would even try to run with us from time to time. During this run we would first pass by the vineyards, that we now understand a little bit better after attending our first agriturismo. The further we traveled the smaller our path would get and the more only nature would be surrounding us. We passed many native cypress trees, cacti and flowers. The farther we ran the smaller Castiglion Fiorentino got in the distance. It was a beautiful site that truly made me appreciate the little things, including the horticulture that I was embraced in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.