Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Black Beaches of Sorrento

    Sorrento is a little slice heaven. This is my favorite place I have been in Italy and will probably be the highlight of my trip.

    Never in my life have I seen water this clear and blue. We stayed in this hostel called 7 Hostel and it was on par with a 4 star hotel. The best part was it was only 25 euro a night. The views were amazing and the relaxed feel of this fun beach town were exactly what we all needed after the hustle and bustle of our Rome week. There was one downside though. Not everyone had there sea legs. We tried taking a charter boat to see some of the sights on the nearby Island of Capri and hit some rough chop. I had never seen someone get sea sick until then and I defiantly never wish that on anyone. 

    After the boat ride from hell I wanted to get a dose of Mediterranean seafood. That night I, Nick, Ian, and Julie went out to dinner and it was outstanding. Normally I drink red wine but I made an exception and drank white with my seafood dinner. It was the right choice. As is our custom I ended my Sorrento experience with Keith R. He, I and some of our friends spent our last day doing nothing but relaxing on a beach taking in the week’s events and appreciating the scenery. Until next time the crow fly’s at midnight.

C. Siller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.