Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Experiencing Rome

Our busy week spent in the city of Rome was a success. We managed to sight see as much as humanly possible. One spot in particular that was different from the rest was the Museo Orto Botanico.  St. Peter’s Basilica, The Vatican, The Vatican Gardens, Trevi Fountain, Coliseum and Pantheon were so impressive, but my last day in Rome was by far my favorite. It was a very hot day when we visited the Museo Orto Botanico, but it was well worth the visit. This garden was a peaceful start to the day especially since the past few days had been so busy. We were able to walk around leisurely and enjoy the many trees and plants growing and just relax. What I liked most was feeling secluded from the rest of the city. There weren’t many tourists nor did I hear any traffic. It was a nice change.
            Later in the evening, my roommates and I wandered around the Spanish Steps and came across a park near Piazza del Popolo. I was suspicious at first since it was getting dark but it turned out to be Villa Borghese. I was amazed by it all. The garden and landscaping at the park was so different from what I had seen earlier in the week and like I said previously, I could not hear any traffic.  Since it was late, the only other people around us were joggers. It was a great ending to the fun filled week.

            What I admire most about Rome is its balance. Even though it is a major tourist attraction with tons of history and artwork around, it has also managed to preserve and integrate its natural beauty as well. KLM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.