Monday, June 23, 2014

Roaming Around Rome

PL: A couple of weeks ago we visited Rome on a scheduled class trip. Every day was jam packed with places to go and things to see. On the first day we checked into our hotel and went on a tour of the Colosseum. It was amazing to see such an old structure still standing after all these years. The next day we toured the Forum, two churches, the Pantheon, and the Trevi fountain. I was disappointed the fountain was being restored and I couldn't take the classic throw-the-coin-over-your-shoulder picture without the fence getting in the way. That didn't stop me from throwing a euro over the gate and into the empty fountain. I’m pretty sure I missed, but we’ll pretend that I made it.




Thursday was by far the most eventful day. We woke up early and headed to Vatican City. First, we explored the vast and beautiful gardens. My favorite part was definitely the rose gardens. Mainly because it featured fountains in which I dipped my feet in to cool off. After the gardens we visited the Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel. The only thing that would've made this experience better was a drop in temperature.



We were given a free day on Friday so naturally I slept in! Around noon, a few of my classmates and I went to the Botanical Gardens with Dr. Leo. It was so cool to see so many different types of plants – from cacti, to roses, to bamboo. It also helped that we went with a few hort majors who pointed out unique plants and flowers. My favorite part was probably the succulent garden. I've always been interested in creating a terrarium of succulents for my room.



After the gardens, I went shopping with a couple of friends and then ate lunch on the Spanish Steps. Rome could not have been a more perfect trip. I felt that in the four days we were there I got to experience so much!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.