Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"Colors are the Smiles of Nature"

"Colors are the smiles of nature."
-Leigh Hunt

These past few weeks, one of the biggest things I've appreciated is the vibrancy of colors in Italy.

In the gardens we visit, I'm always drawn to the flowers. They bloom in a huge scale of colors, each one prettier than the next. In a botanical garden we saw in Rome, they had a huge variety of flowers and plants. As I walked around the garden, I was awed at the beauty and colors seen. My favorite flower was a deep purple flower that can be seen in the top right of the collage below. Since visiting the garden, I've been able to spot that flower in other places and each time I am pleased to spot it.

Collage of flowers from botanical garden in Rome
This past weekend, we went to Sorrento. While we did not visit any gardens in Sorento, there were still colors present in nature that were shockingly beautiful. On a boat ride around Capri, The water was a startling blue that I couldn't help but take note of and appreciate. I can't wait to see even more of the colors Italy has to offer in my last few weeks here!

Erin Fore

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.