Monday, June 23, 2014

Cinque Terre and All Its Beauty

Traveling through Cinque Terre was almost like travelling through a scenic post card. Our apartment in Levanto was an old, antique home with wooden floors and bright, lively colors and patterns. I had a reassuring feeling being near an ocean because if there’s one thing I miss about being home, it’s the beach. Our day was nice and peaceful as we walked through each town. With just the four of us (Katrina, Christy, Erin and me), it was enjoyable being able to wander around and take our time site seeing. The seafood was amazing too. We ate at a Rick Steves' recommended restaurant in Manarola and were not disappointed. My favorite of the five cities was Vernazza. We spent most of our time tanning on the port and sticking our feet in the chilly water. While doing so, I people watched as I laid there. Everyone looked so happy with his or her friends and families, it made me want to come back with my own family some day. Cinque Terre is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in Italy and I will never forget what a wonderful time I had with such good friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.