Monday, June 2, 2014

Roses are red, violets are blue, Italy is gorgeous and fragrant too!

This first week in Castiglion Fiorentino has flown by! We have already seen, done and experienced so much! I have visited the lovely towns of Cortona, Florence, Arezzo and Castiglion del Lago so far and each was has been beautiful in their own way! I absolutely love the rich history that is behind every town, every church, every café and every stone that makes up the walls of every building! One of our tour guides we had this week said something that really stuck with me, "we live in such a blended world". We are so fortunate to be here and walking the same streets as some of the most influential people of mankind have.

I don't know if it's because I am a horticulture major, but I have really loved walking around and looking to see all the different potted flowers and plants people have on their front porches they have in place of a front yard! They have really create a mini oasis with the vibrant colors and different varieties they have incorporated. Maybe I'm still infatuated with being in a new and exciting place, but even the roses look bigger, more bountiful and more fragrant!

Ciao!
Adrienne Adamson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.