Monday, June 9, 2014

My Home for the next few weeks. Blog #1

My stay here in Castiglion Fiorentino has quickly and undoubtedly captured my heart thus far. The only thing I wasn't too fond of in the beginning of the stay were the size of the steepest inclined streets I've climbed… ever. It’s not just the city we’re in, basically all of Italy has been this way so far. The pain in my legs subsided after the first few days though.

The most interesting things I've found are the amount of flowers and greenery there are here in Castiglion. It doesn't matter which way I turn, I can absolutely count on seeing some beautiful, blooming flowers outside of somebody’s door or hanging from their windows. As much as I love being here, I still miss home and all the flowers my mom always has in her garden so it makes me feel a lot homier for myself which is always comforting.

To add to the feeling of home style living, I fell in love with how so many meals involve all homegrown foods grown in most people’s backyards/small farms. Whenever I cook at home, I use a lot of spices and herbs that we grow on the side of our house. So I just loved how that’s an everyday thing here in Italy. However, the Italians take it another step further with the olive oil and the amounts that are used in all of their meals. It is such a staple ingredient in their everyday life. They grow these olive trees, make the absolute best olive oil I have had and use so much of it in all of their foods. Like I said, Italy has captured my heart so far.


 Until next time, love Jose "Moe" Macias




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.