Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hiking in Cinque Terre


Emily K: This past weekend we hiked through Cinque Terre. The first two trails weren’t open because of landsides, but we were still able to hike from Corniglia to Vernazza and from there to Monterosso. I am not exaggerating when I say it was the best weekend of my life! When we started hiking in the morning it was cool and cloudy, then when we reached the beach in Vernazza the sky cleared up. The weather stayed beautiful, so we hit the beach in Monterosso when we finished hiking. It was as if the weather wanted to please us! Along the trails we saw many varieties of plants, ranging from spiky cacti to gorgeous roses. We also saw many types of trees and the animals that live in the wild growing forests. We were even lucky enough to witness two lizards mating (just kidding; it was gross). The views were absolutely breathtaking! Every time I looked out I would think to myself “it doesn’t get better than this,” then five minutes later in the next clearing I’d catch myself thinking the exact same thing again! Safe to say I’ve never experienced anything more wonderful. And on top of everything I got to share the experience with great friends; it is a memory I will treasure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.