Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Farmers Market: Where the berries are fresh and the cheese is good

We had the opportunity to visit the local farmers market located in Castiglion Fiorentino and it was quite the experience! Our survival Italian professor took us and taught us how to buy things and communicate in Italian. It was a struggle for myself at first but eventually I kind of got the hang of it! Well at least enough to order myself some amazingly fresh cherries and strawberries which were AMAZING b t dubs. They were by far the best I have ever had. We also got to try some cheese that was being sold there which was also really good! We got to try both fresh and aged cheese. I figured I would like the fresh cheese better but I ended up liking the aged cheese a lot more! After we bought all the yummy fruits and vegetables we got to shop around or a little bit and I bought some really cute shorts. I should have tried them on because they didn’t fit but I’m giving them to my little sister now and I’m just not going to tell her they were 5 euro. The market was so cute and everyone was so friendly! This was a truly unique experience and I am so happy we were able to do this as a class! -MMH






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.