Monday, June 30, 2014

“Travel far Enough, you Meet Yourself”

“Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” 
- David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas 

Citrus Hybrid
The last trip we went on for Horticulture was to the Medici Villas in Florence. We got to see a lot of the citrus collection grown there which I truly enjoyed. Of those, we got to see a hybrid citrus which was a mixture between two different citrus plants. It was really neat to see this unique display of genetics at work while in Italy and see some of what I study back at A&M mix in with the horticulture I've been studying here in Italy. Even though I am not a horticulture major, I've definitely enjoyed seeing the world around me through new eyes and learning about all of the plants that surround me. This trip has been an amazing opportunity and I have not regretted a single moment. If I could, I would do it all over again. I've gained so much and I got to experience it all with amazing people and a great team of professors and staff at Santa Chiara behind us. This isn't a good bye, but a see you later Italy.


Until next time,
Erin Fore


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.