Monday, June 9, 2014

Pinch me I'm dreaming!

    This past weekend we had off and I had the opportunity to go up to the town of Stresa on Lake Maggiore and spend the whole afternoon on Isola Bella and Isola Pescatori. We got a tour of the mansion and got to walk around the gardens and the rest of this island. The amount of wealth the family had was so evident! The family that owns it now has done a great job of keeping up with everything on the property. I am so thankful they have opened up their property for the rest of the world to enjoy! The mansion was absolutely beautiful with the most ornate detailing from  floor to ceiling I have ever seen! The gardens in the back of the property were stunning with peacocks and different animals running around everywhere! It was like a scene from a fairy tale, especially with the southern Alps creating the most beautiful backdrop.
     The garden was made up of ten different levels each filled with elaborate plants of all shapes and sizes that surrounded a massive stone masterpiece also created in different levels. I felt like a little kid in a candy shop mesmerized by how beautiful the colors were of all the flowers and how massive the trees were which is understandable considering they are centuries old! They even had a greenhouse the size of my house at home full of tropical plants from all over the world. Some of the plants I recognized very easily such as a North American pine tree or an urn full of perfect hydrangeas, but there were some plants I could have never imagined!  I would have loved to intern there at the gardens! It would have never gotten old working with such an elaborate and beautiful piece of property everyday. One can still dream right?  

 Adrienne A.
P.S. Pictures are still on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.