Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Blossoming city of Rome!

SS:Rome is a city full of breath-taking frescoes, towering sculptures, and mosaics that date back centuries. However, one of its most charming aspects is the market located just inside the square. They sell a wide variety of things such as meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables and even flowers. Here I was able to experience a different side to the culture of Rome through its food and its people. The market we frequented was Campo dei Fiori. Campo dei Fiori has occupied the historical plaza since 1477. The flower market is shown in one of the pictures above.
            The other picture I decided to include was a picture of the peonies I saw at the flower market. These are my absolute favorite flowers and I was ecstatic to see them here in Italy. Peonies are native to Asia, southern Europe, and western North America. They range from red to white or yellow. The name peony comes from the word Paeon which was the Greek god of medicine and healing.
            Since I visited Rome I have found that I am falling more in love with Italy. Not only do they have my favorite flower, they are an authentic, energetic and lively culture. The minute you walk into the market you will be astonished at the perfume of the flowers, the freshness of the fruit, variety of spices, nuts, meats, chesses, and the great hustle and bustle atmosphere that the people of Italy bring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.