Saturday, June 6, 2015

The Beauty of Assisi

One of our day trips for this week was to the beautiful town of Assisi. Heading into this trip I hadn't heard anything about this place. I decided to go on to google images to search for what this place offered, but nothing really showed up. I was expecting it to be one of the least memorable locations, but it turned out to be the complete opposite.
The best word I can think of for describing Assisi is charming. Although there were several tourist groups, it didn't have the vibe of a "touristy" location. The locals were all so sweet and the small shops were all so inviting. Each town we have visited so far has had its own style. They use different types of stones, have different colored building, etc. In Assisi they had a tan stone and a pinkish lime stone that was so different and beautiful. To travel up the hillside in town they had some steep slopes, but also had small built in cobble stone staircases. Another amazing thing about Assisi was the abundance of flowers hanging in every direction you looked.
This town definitely kept a piece of my heart with it. From the charming buildings, beautiful views, and sweet citizens. If  I return to Italy Assisi will be on my list of places to visit.
-EMH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.