Friday, June 30, 2017

Feels like Home!

Upon my arrival to Italy and coming to Castiglion Fiorentino I was curious to know what the scenery and environment would be like. When I finally got off the bus though in the school parking lot in Castiglion, I was instantly in love with the surroundings and views. I remember first walking into the courtyard and hearing everybody just be in awe of how beautiful all the flowers and the view was from the courtyard.  One of the first things I noticed was all the flowers and how beautiful they stood out and it really reminded me of my Mom’s flower beds back home. I still wasn’t quite for sure what kind of flowers each of them were though, I just remembered they looked very similar to my Mom’s and it honestly made me feel like I was at home. After being in this class though and hearing/seeing Dr.Starman point out each of these flowers I can finally say that I can point out a plethora of different flowers. When I finally do return home I plan on going to the plant shed and buying my Granny and my Mom some Lily’s because I love how they stick out and they are a very vibrant flower in my opinion and one of my favorites now that I know what they are. Another reason I want to buy this flower for them is because each time I see it, it will remind me of Italy which will always have a spot in my heart.

-Bailey McDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.