This weeks highlights (Includes church update):
- Wore my new shoes and not just fell, I CRASHED to the floor and got a ballin bruise
- Went to Assisi which is the most beautiful place in the world
- I saw St. Francis’ crypt and heard about five minutes of mass in English!
- Left my passport in my room and missed the train, ended up having a beautiful morning to myself
- Second train to Verona was booked for the wrong day, so we train hopped on the regional trains all the way there
- Opera got postponed an hour and a half due to a torrential downpour, which we fell victim to
- The Venice hotel lady was not the nicest, but I got reunited with my best friend!
- Went to mass in St. Mark’s basilica and had a lovely dinner date with my bestie on the canal in Venice followed by a water taxi ride
- Had a terribly hard music final but didn't really care because I am in Italy
- Basically I still love it here but I am ready to go home
- On our last trip to Florence we went to two really pretty gardens and the amounts of lemon trees we saw were absolutely endless! I got to take some fallen lemon leaves and a piece of a lavender plant home with me(:
- We also got to tour an old mason with old paintings of the gardens that we learned about in class so that was very neat!
Things I’ll miss:
- The geography
- The religious shrines and statues on every corner
- The architecture and the history
- The gas stations that are actually really nice
- People who are a fan of cutting you in line
- Expensive meals out
- The drivers (but lets be real, they are scary everywhere)
Things I’ll try not to take for granted in America:
- Free toilets
- Free water
- Free grocery bags
Words I’ll never forget:
- Non lo so
Well Italy, its been fun! Hopefully one day I will return!