Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Stop & Smell the Hort

PL: Last Thursday our class took a trip to Florence to see the Boboli Gardens. I loved the layout and design of this garden much more than that of any garden we've previously visited. My favorite parts being the beautifully arched trees, intricate hedge designs, and the amazing view it provided of the city. We also got to see the amazingly detailed Grotto. From the outside looking in, it seemed as if it were just a cave covered in stalagmites. Once we got inside, you could see that the stalagmites formed sheep and other animal structures.



After touring the gardens, and later the Uffizi, my friends and I went to the leather market. It was a little overwhelming at first with all of the street vendors harassing me, but I quickly got the hang of things. I learned not to settle for the price they offer you, you have to haggle a little. I got a leather wallet for my brother for ten euro cheaper than the selling price. I also tried to haggle for a leather journal… it was a complete fail. The vendor called me a bloody fool for trying to get the journal for only three euro cheaper. I walked away because I was so embarrassed.

As my time here is coming to an end, I look back on this experience with such fondness. This trip has truly been life changing. As cheesy as it sounds, I've made some life-long friends on this trip and I can’t wait for all the memories we will continue to make.




    


Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.