Monday, June 1, 2015

Flowers of Italy

 

My first week here in Italy there has been one thing that has specifically stood out to me whenever I'm outside, and that is the vibrant colored flowers. I think that the reason that the flowers have been my favorite things about the Tuscany landscape is the fact that I grew up around flowers. My mom and Grandmom both loved shopping and growing flowers so my love for flowers has grown with the years.
The first day we got a tour of Castiglion Fiorentino I instantly noticed the wide array of flowers hanging from the balconies and all the potted plants. I was amazed at how vibrant the colors were and how many blooms each plant produced. The sight of seeing flowers in every area of the town made me want to live that way.
Then the third day when we walked down to the train station with our professors I was able to see a lot of new vegetation that I've never seen growing wild before. My favorite thing that I saw that day was the red poppies. I wasn't aware of the abundance of flowers I would be seeing before I got here. Lets just say it was a pleasant surprise.
The reasoning for the abundance of plant life in Italy is due to the fact that they are located in the Mediterranean climate. This climate is good for plant life to grow and nourish. I would say this is why the plants are able to blossom as much as they do.
Overall, Tuscany is absolutely beautiful. The amount of plant life is so refreshing and relaxing. I can't wait for my journey through Italy continues and I get to see new and different landscapes!
Eryn Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.