Thursday, May 31, 2012

Around Santa Chiara





MR:
As soon as we arrived at the Santa Chiara study center, I fell in love. Not only are the views fantastic, but the center itself is beautiful, as well! You can see and feel the history every time you look around. Everything feels so genuine here; as if the truth is written on the walls, you just have to look into and between them to find it all. A lot of what makes this place wonderful is the green! Everywhere you look, there are plants growing! Virginia creeper (Parthenocissus tricuspidata) is covering the walls, there are plants growing throughout the courtyard, and looking over the balcony, all you can see is green! The little white flower is part of the Star Jasmine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) plant growing on the staircase outside, and they smell wonderful! I love to sit next to them and read, so that I can take in the views, smells, and overall feel of Italy. The vines growing on the wall in the second picture make the wall even more beautiful. I think it really adds to the beauty. So far, I've thoroughly enjoyed myself, and I've already learned so much! What a fantastic opportunity this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.