Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Red, White and Rosé?

This past week we traveled to a winery on our home turf, Castiglion Fiorentino. We walked through the town for around 30 minutes before we arrived at La Pievuccia. This little winery is all organic and take pride in their sustainability. Not only is it a winery but it is also a hotel. They only use vegan soap and their products inside the hotels are all very environmentally friendly. Before we started the wine tasting we were given a tour of the vineyard and the rooms in which they produce the bottled wine. In one day the winery hires people to come and bottle all of their wine for that year. It is estimated that around 13,000 bottles of wine are filled and corked in one day. One of the more interesting things about this, for me at least, is that they use a glass cork for the white wine.
When we started the tasting I couldn't help but notice all of the beautiful flowers around the table. Slowly, I started adding flowers to my braid and on the walk home it just kept getting more and more full. Just some examples of plants that went in my braid are chicory, poppies, some greenery and for good measure I stuck a cherry in the end of my braid. It was a fun day full of laughter and horticulture.
JNH 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear if approved. Thank you.